1 tbsp melted butter, to grease
340 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
80 g 70% cocoa chocolate, chopped
120 g butter
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
⅔ cup plain flour
¼ tsp baking powder
⅛ tsp salt
Dark chocolate ganache
½ cup thickened cream
300 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
Crème de menthe filling
80 g cream cheese, softened
120 g butter, softened
3 cups icing sugar
2 Tbsp crème de menthe
1 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 26 x 16 x 5cm slice tin with butter and line base and sides with baking paper.
- Put 120g of the cooking chocolate, the 70% chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan and stir over low heat until melted; cool. Stir the sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring until just combined. Stir in remaining cooking chocolate. Spread batter evenly in prepared tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool in tin on a wire rack.
- Spread the filling over the brownies and chill.
- To make ganache, put cream in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring just to boiling. Remove from heat. Add chocolate (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Spread ganache evenly over filling. Cover and chill for 1 hour, until ganache is set. Using edges of baking paper, lift from tin. Cut into squares and serve.