6 slices pancetta
½ cup plain flour
½ tsp caster sugar
Pinch of sea-salt flakes
⅔ cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vegetable oil plus extra for greasing
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 Packham pears, cored, thinly sliced
300 g creamy blue-vein cheese, thinly sliced
180 g baby rocket leaves
¼ cup roasted hazelnuts, finely chopped, to serve
Honey mustard dressing
1 tsp honey
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Put pancetta in a single layer on prepared tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, sift flour into a large bowl. Add sugar and salt, then stir to combine. In a large jug, whisk together milk, egg and oil. Make a well in centre of flour mixture and add milk mixture. Slowly stir from centre, gradually mixing in more flour as you go until a smooth batter forms. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a large jug.
- Brush a large 20cm non-stick frying pan with extra oil and heat over a medium heat. Pour 2 tbsp of the batter into pan, immediately swirling pan so batter spreads to create a 15cm crepe of even thickness. Sprinkle over a pinch of the black pepper. Cook for 30 seconds or until bottom of crepe is light brown. Flip and cook for 10 seconds, then set aside on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining batter, oiling pan between each crepe, to make a total of 12 crepes.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, put all ingredients in a small lidded jar and season, then shake well until combined.
- Put pear in a large bowl and pour over dressing. Toss to coat. Break pancetta into shards. Fold each crepe in half, then roll up to form a cone shape. Divide pancetta, pear, cheese and rocket among cones. Arrange in a serving bowl and scatter over hazelnut to serve.