50 g unsalted butter, chopped
¼ cup caster sugar
¾ cup flaked almonds
¼ cup finely chopped sultanas
¼ cup chopped dried cranberries
1 tbsp finely grated orange rind
2 tbsp pure cream
1½ tbsp plain flour
1½ cups white chocolate baking melts
- Grease two large oven trays. Line with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add sugar. Stir over a medium heat until well combined. Bring to a boil. Boil, without stirring, for about 1 to 2 minutes or until the edge starts to turn light brown. Remove from heat. Immediately add almonds, sultanas, cranberries, rind, cream and flour. Stir until well combined.
- Place heaped tablespoons of mixture, 10cm apart, on prepared oven trays. Press to flatten into 8cm rounds.
- Cook, one tray at a time, in a moderate oven (180C) for about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove. Using a table knife, carefully shape any irregular hot biscuits into circles. Cool on trays.
- Place white chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stand for about 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Spread bases of biscuits with chocolate. Place chocolate-side up, on same oven trays. Stand at room temperature until almost set. Use a fork to make wavy lines in chocolate to decorate.