1.5 kg organic skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets trimmed halved
1 large leek halved lengthways
500 g punnet large mushrooms halved
420 g can canned condensed cream of mushroom soup
½ cup sour cream
chopped fresh parsley to garnish
cooked linguine to serve (optional)
- Heat an oiled, large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove.
- Add leek and mushrooms to same dish with 2 tbsps olive oil, over a medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until leek is soft. Stir in soup.
- Return chicken to dish. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Gently boil for 15 minutes. Remove lid
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for a further 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with linguine (optional).