375 g casarecce pasta
¾ cup pecans
2 cup shredded roasted chicken breast
4 green spring onions, sliced
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup light sour cream
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
2 Tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender, then drain. Rinse the pasta under cold water, then drain well again. Transfer pasta to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, spread pecans over an oven tray.
- Cook pecans in a moderate oven (180C) for about 5–7 minutes, or until toasted. Cool, then coarsely chop
- To make dressing, place all the ingredients in a jug then whisk until they are combined.
- Add pecans, chicken, onions and parsley to pasta with dressing. Toss the ingredients to combine.
- Serve the salad garnished with a little extra parsley.