My kids have a weird obsession with dried apricots (they ask for them to be added to their porridge in the mornings and insist on having a couple alongside every meal), so these 3-ingredient apricot & coconut balls are one of their favourite treats. All you need for this recipe is dried apricots, condensed milk and desiccated coconut – yep, that’s it!
These are so simple to make, even the kids can make them on their own (with a little supervision, of course!) My five-year-old loves to ‘cook’ these by himself. I simply measure the ingredients out, place them into small bowls and chop the apricots. He feels so grown up pouring the ingredients into a big bowl and stirring them together. The mixture is quite sticky, so be prepared for messy little hands! If the kids are helping to roll these in the desiccated coconut, add an extra cup to the bowl, as I can guarantee coconut will go everywhere!
These are best stored in an airtight container in the fridge and will last up to a week – that’s if you don’t eat them all before then!
3-ingredient apricot & coconut balls
Prep time: 10 mins
Chill time: 2 hrs
Total time: 2 hrs 10 mins
- 2 ½ cups (225g) desiccated coconut
- 250g dried apricots
- 200g sweetened condensed milk
- Place 1 cup of desiccated coconut into a small bowl and set aside. This is to roll the apricot and coconut balls in later. Also place the container you will store your apricot and coconut balls in on the bench.
- Roughly chop the dried apricots into small pieces and place into a large bowl.
- Add the condensed milk and remaining 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut and use a large spoon to mix together until well combined. The mixture will be sticky.
- Scoop up tablespoon-sized amounts of mixture and roll into a ball.
- Roll in the extra desiccated coconut to coat, and place into your container.
- Repeat until you have used all of the mixture.
- Place the lid onto the container and pop it into the fridge for 2 hours to firm up.Lauren is the creator of the blog Create Bake Make where she shares simple delicious and most importantly easy recipes that the kids can help make and the entire family will enjoy. A keen home baker, Lauren is also a mum to three boys, so when she isn't breaking up arguments over toy trucks, you will find her in the kitchen baking up a storm! In her rare quiet moments, you will find her curled up with a book or the latest magazine, enjoying a hot coffee or indulging in her slight online shopping addiction.