I make a lot of my own gifts at Christmas time as I really think there is nothing better than being given something that is homemade. This fudge has been popular with my family, friends and the kids’ teachers each year and it’s such an easy gift to put together. Simply wrap a few pieces in a sheet of cellophane and tie with a Christmas ribbon, or pop some into a cute Christmas tin – too easy!
When making this recipe, it’s important to work quickly when adding the cranberries and pistachios to the fudge mixture and then when pouring it into your baking pan, as the surface will begin to firm up quite quickly.
This fudge is quick to prepare, then just pop it in the fridge. It might be tempting to cut it into pieces after just a few hours, but it’s really important to give it plenty of time (overnight if possible) to set, as it is a soft fudge. It tastes amazing as is, but if you are wanting to add something a little extra to this recipe, I suggest adding a handful of almonds at the same time you add the cranberries and pistachios – you won’t regret it!
4-ingredient Christmas fudge
Makes: approx. 20 pieces
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins + 8 hours chilling time
Total time: 8 hrs 20 mins
500g white chocolate
200g sweetened condensed milk
100g dried cranberries
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Break the white chocolate into pieces and place into a small saucepan.
- Add the condensed milk and cook, stirring, over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring regularly until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the cranberries and pistachios. Quickly stir combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and place it into the fridge for a minimum of 8 hours (preferably overnight) to set.
- Remove the fudge from the tin and cut into small pieces.
- Use a good-quality white chocolate when making this fudge. I usually use Cadbury or Lindt.
- Leave baking paper hanging over the sides of the tin to help remove the fudge once set.
- It’s important to work quickly when adding the cranberries and pistachios and when pouring into a baking pan as the surface will begin to firm quite quickly.
- This is a soft fudge recipe so it’s important to leave it for at least 8 hours or overnight to completely set.