Calling all peppermint lovers – this recipe is for you! My four-ingredient peppermint slice is the ULTIMATE indulgence for those of you who love peppermint and chocolate, and best of all, it’s also quick and simple to put together!
This recipe uses just four ingredients to make a yummy slice. If you are making this slice for a special occasion, I strongly encourage you to add a layer of melted white chocolate to the top of it – you won’t be disappointed!
Like all of my recipes, this slice is pretty low-effort. In fact, the hardest job is probably crushing the biscuits if you choose to use a rolling pin. Once you’ve mixed the ingredients together, then all you need to do is pop it into the slice tin and let it set – yes, it’s that easy!
This slice is great to enjoy at parties, cake stalls and other special events, and it is also makes the perfect alternative to an after-dinner mint. The only problem will be stopping yourself from eating more than one piece!
4-ingredient peppermint slice
Makes: 24 pieces
Prep time: 15 mins
Chill time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
- 250g plain biscuits
- 200g block peppermint chocolate, broken into squares
- 100g butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 x 395g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 200g white chocolate (optional)
- Line a 28cm x 18 cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs. Alternatively, place in a zip-lock bag – pushing out as much air as possible – and crush with a rolling pin. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the peppermint chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave on medium-high/70% heat in 30-second spurts, stirring in between until melted.
- Add melted chocolate mixture and condensed milk to the bowl with the crushed biscuits and mix with a spoon to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the slice tin, and flatten the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Place the mixture into the fridge to set for 1 hour.
- If icing the slice, break the white chocolate into squares and place into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 30-second spurts until melted and then pour over the peppermint slice. Return to fridge for 20 minutes until the white chocolate has set.
- Once set, cut into small slices and serve!
- You can use any type of plain biscuits for this recipe, I usually use Marie or Arrowroot biscuits.
- The mixture will be quite sticky when you are transferring it into the tin, I find it helpful to use two spoons to help spread it across.
Lauren is the creator of the blog Create Bake Make where she shares simple delicious and most importantly easy recipes that the kids can help make and the entire family will enjoy. A keen home baker, Lauren is also a mum to three boys, so when she isn't breaking up arguments over toy trucks, you will find her in the kitchen baking up a storm! In her rare quiet moments, you will find her curled up with a book or the latest magazine, enjoying a hot coffee or indulging in her slight online shopping addiction.