If you are looking for a soft, chewy and most importantly delicious cookie recipe, these chocolate Cherry Ripe cookies are for you! These cookies make the perfect sweet snack and are also one of my go-to recipes whenever we are heading out to visit friends or family, as I can NEVER go to anyone’s house empty handed
Whenever I tell people that I’m making these, they always comment that they must be tricky – which is totally untrue! These chocolate Cherry Ripe cookies are actually really simple to make (I promise). All you need to do is put together a yummy chocolate cookie recipe and then simply add chopped up Cherry Ripe bars to your cookie mixture – how easy is that?!
If Cherry Ripe bars aren’t your favourite (don’t worry, I won’t hold it against you!) you can easily substitute them for your favourite chocolate bar. I’ve made these with Snickers and M&M’s in the past and they were soooo good!
This recipe makes around 24 good-sized cookies, however if you are catering for a crowd and want to make a few more, simply use a little less mixture for each cookie and check on your cookies after 10 minutes in the oven. You will know they are ready when you see small cracks begin to appear on the surface.
Chocolate Cherry Ripe cookies
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 14 mins
Total time: 34 mins
- 110g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125g milk chocolate
- 4 x 52g Cherry Ripe bars, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 160℃ and line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Place the softened butter and brown sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes on a high speed until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, and beat for a further 3 minutes to combine.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and sift in the flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda.
- Break the milk chocolate into pieces and place into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 45 seconds on medium heat, then stir until melted and smooth. Add the melted chocolate and Cherry Ripe pieces to the bowl with the flour mixture and stir through.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop up walnut-size balls of the mixture and place onto the prepared baking trays (don’t worry the mixture will be soft!), leaving a 4cm gap between each chocolate Cherry Ripe cookie, as they will spread. Repeat until all of your mixture has been used.
- Place the baking trays into the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes or until cracks begin to form on the top of your cookies.
- Remove the baking trays from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the trays for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Lauren is the creator of the blog Create Bake Make where she shares simple delicious and most importantly easy recipes that the kids can help make and the entire family will enjoy. A keen home baker, Lauren is also a mum to three boys, so when she isn't breaking up arguments over toy trucks, you will find her in the kitchen baking up a storm! In her rare quiet moments, you will find her curled up with a book or the latest magazine, enjoying a hot coffee or indulging in her slight online shopping addiction.