⅓ cup raw whole hazelnuts
50 g unsalted butter, chopped
⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
300 ml tub thickened cream
1 tbsp icing sugar mixture
1 tbsp hazelnut-flavoured liqueur
8 frozen crepes
- Place hazelnuts on an oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly coloured and skins are blistered. Place in the middle of a clean tea towel. Fold up to enclose. Stand for 5 minutes. Rub hazelnuts in tea towel to remove skins. Pick out hazelnuts, discarding skins. Chop hazelnuts.
- Meanwhile, make butterscotch sauce. Place butter, brown sugar and 1/3 cup of the cream in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until melted and combined. Bring to boil. Simmer, without stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Cool.
- Beat remaining cream with icing sugar mixture in a small bowl of an electric mixer to form firm peaks. Fold in liqueur and half the hazelnuts.
- Heat crepes according to packet directions.
- To serve, divide hazelnut cream evenly among crepes. Fold crepes in half and then in half again. Drizzle with butterscotch sauce. Sprinkle with remaining hazelnuts.