1 tub ice-cream to serve
¾ cup plain flour (120 g)
2 tblsps icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1 cup full-cream milk (250 mls)
25 g butter melted plus extra for greasing
2 tblsps orange-flavoured liqueur
50 g unsalted butter chopped
½ cup caster sugar (110 g)
⅔ cup orange juice (160 mls)
- To make crepes, place flour and icing sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add egg and yolk. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Whisk in butter.
- Heat a crepe pan (22cm diameter) over a high heat. Remove pan. Reduce heat to medium. Brush extra butter over base and side of pan. Return pan to heat.
- Ladle in 2 tblsps of batter. Swirl pan to coat base. Cook for 30 seconds, or until batter is set and lightly browned underneath. Flip crepe over. Cook for about 10 to 15 seconds. Slide onto a plate. Repeat to make 10 crepes, greasing the pan each time. Stack with baking paper in between. Cover. Keep warm.
- To make sauce, finely grate rind from both oranges and reserve half. Cut skin and pith from both oranges. Holding oranges over a bowl to catch juice, cut between membranes to remove segments. Add segments to bowl with liqueur.
- Melt butter in a frying pan. Add sugar, rind and juice. Stir over a low heat until sugar is dissolved. Gently boil for 6 to 7 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add orange segment mixture. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Fold crepes into quarters. Drizzle over sauce. Serve with ice-cream and reserved shredded rind.