600 g potatoes, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick chips
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for shallow frying
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 x 300 g chicken breast fillets
1 cup dried breadcrumbs
½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten
lemon wedges, to serve
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 cups shredded savoy cabbage (320g)
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 carrot, peeled, shredded
2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Toss potatoes with oil in a medium bowl. Season. Place in a single layer on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a very hot oven (240C), tossing halfway through, for about 20 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Cut each fillet horizontally through the side for two thinner pieces per fillet.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan in a shallow bowl. Season. One at a time, dip chicken into eggs, then coat in breadcrumb mixture, pressing on lightly.
- Heat enough oil to cover base of a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- To make slaw, combine mayonnaise and juice in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Toss well.
- Serve chicken with slaw, chips and lemon wedges.