300 g rigatoni pasta
1 head cauliflower (1.4 kg), cut into medium florets
250 g piece sourdough bread, torn into 2cm pieces
½ cup finely grated parmesan
½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
75 g butter, chopped
2 tbsp plain flour
3 cups milk
1 cup coarsely grated Tasty cheese
½ tsp ground nutmeg
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until almost tender. Drain. Transfer to a large, greased ovenproof dish (15-cup capacity).
- Boil, steam or microwave cauliflower until tender. Drain. Add to pasta in dish.
- Meanwhile, combine bread, parmesan and parsley in a large bowl.
- To make sauce, melt butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until bubbling. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Return to medium heat. Whisk until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Whisk in cheese and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour sauce over pasta and cauliflower to evenly coat. Top with bread mixture.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 25 minutes, or until golden. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.