350 g fresh cherries
1 cup caster sugar
½ cup plain flour
125 g unsalted butter, melted
300 ml tub sour cream
1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
½ cup lemon juice
Icing sugar mixture, to serve
Whipped cream, to serve
Extra fresh cherries, to decorate
- Grease a 24cm round x 4cm deep ceramic pie dish (7-cup capacity). Place on an oven tray
- Remove and discard stems from cherries. Using a cherry pitter, remove stones from cherries.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until lightly beaten. Whisk in sugar and sifted flour until combined. Add cooled butter, cream, rind and juice. Stir until combined.
- Pour half the batter into prepared dish. Sprinkle over half the cherries. Pour over remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining cherries.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 40 minutes, or until filling is set. Remove. Transfer to a wire rack until cool. Cover. Refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until firm.
- Serve crustless fresh cherry lemon tart dusted with sifted icing sugar and whipped cream. Decorate with extra fresh cherries.