50 g butter, melted
12 slices white bread
425 g Sirena tuna chunks in springwater, drained, broken into small pieces
2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
¾ cup grated Tasty cheese
½ cup sour cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan with some of the melted butter.
- Cut away and discard crusts from bread. Flatten slices using a rolling pin. Brush both sides with remaining butter.
- Press a slice of bread on an angle into each corner, overhanging by 3cm to 5cm. Press two slices, on an angle, into each long side and one slice, on an angle, into each short side. Press the last slice into the centre of pan to cover the base.
- Scatter tuna over base. Sprinkle evenly with onions and cheese.
- Whisk eggs and sour cream together in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Pour evenly over filling.
- Cook in a moderate (180C) oven for about 35 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and egg mixture is set. Remove from oven. Stand for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm, cut into squares, with mixed salad leaves.