2 tsp vegetable oil
50 g sachet madras curry paste
1 onion, chopped
650 g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and thickly sliced
1 cup long-grain rice
1 chicken stock cube
2 cups boiling water
400 g can diced tomatoes
100 g green beans, halved
Natural yoghurt, to serve
Toasted, flaked almonds, to serve
Fresh coriander, to serve
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add paste and onion. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, or until soft. Add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in rice.
- Dissolve stock cube in 1½ cups boiling water. Add to frying pan with tomatoes. Stir to combine. Cover with lid.
- Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 18 minutes, or until liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender.
- Add remaining water and beans. Stir to combine. Cook, covered, for a further 5 minutes, or until beans are tender.
- Serve with yoghurt, almonds and coriander.