100 g bean thread noodles
2 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 tbsp curry powder
1 kg pork mince
½ cup jasmine rice
1½- 2 cups hot chicken stock
150 g green beans, trimmed, cut into 2 cm pieces
1 cup frozen peas
- Soak noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes until tender. Drain. Using kitchen scissors, cut into shorter lengths.
- Heat oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add onion and celery. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add curry powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a spoon, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Stir through rice and stock. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in noodles, beans, and peas. Cook for 5 minutes, or until beans are tender. Serve.