1 cup plain flour
1 cup self-raising flour
1 ¼ cups brown sugar, firmly packed
1 ½ tsp ground nutmeg
150 g dairy-free margarine
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup plain organic soy milk
1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup frozen blueberries
icing sugar mixture
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line the base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 2cm above the pan edges
- Process flours, sugar, nutmeg, margarine and vanilla in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Press half the mixture firmly over base of prepared pan.
- Combine remaining mixture with milk and egg in a large bowl. Mix well. Pour over base. Scatter walnuts and frozen blueberries over top.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 30 minutes, or until browned and firm to touch. Remove from oven. Cool completely in pan.
- Lift slice out of pan. Dust with sifted icing sugar. Cut into squares.