1 cup pitted dates, chopped
¾ cup wholemeal plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup shredded coconut
½ cup roasted almonds
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup dried banana chips, plus extra 14
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup honey
⅓ cup milk
1 free-range egg
- Grease and line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Process dates, flour, baking powder, coconut, almonds, oats and banana chips in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk oil, honey, milk and egg in a jug until combined. Add to date mixture. Mix well.
- Drop 2 tblsps of mixture onto a prepared tray. Spread into a 5cm flat circle. Gently press an extra banana chip into the centre. Repeat with remaining mixture and extra banana chips, spacing circles 4cm apart.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C), swapping trays halfway, for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to touch. Remove. Stand on trays for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.