125 g butter, softened
¾ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg yolk
1¼ cups plain flour
½ teaspoon bicarb
½ cup choc bits
150 g white chocolate baking melts, melted as directed
220 g dark baking chocolate chopped
½ cup thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Cream the butter and brown sugar using electric beaters until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg yolk and beat until combined.
- Add flour and bicarb and mix until combined. Fold through choc bits. Place teaspoons of dough onto prepared trays, leaving room for spreading. Bake 10 min or until cookies move when gently pushed. Allow to cool on trays, they will firm up on standing.
- Once cookies have cooled, spread about 2 teaspoons of ganache onto the bottom of one cookie then sandwich together with another cookie. Repeat until all cookies are used. Cover, chill for 30 min.
- Dip sandwich cookies in melted white chocolate and allow to set on baking trays. Decorate with milk chocolate squiggles if desired. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Place 220g chopped baking dark chocolate and ½ cup thickened cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of simmering water, stirring until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool until it reaches a spreadable consistency.