1 small French breadstick
8 slices prosciutto
4 chicken breast schnitzel steaks (522 g)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
2 baby cos lettuce, trimmed, quartered lengthways
Shaved Parmesan, to garnish
Cracked black pepper, to garnish
1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
¼ cup finely grated parmesan
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
- To make dressing, place all ingredients in a blender. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Gently boil for 6 minutes. Transfer eggs to a bowl of cold water. Peel off shells. Cut in half.
- Meanwhile, cut breadstick diagonally into eight even slices. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add bread. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until toasted. Remove.
- Add prosciutto to same frying pan in two batches. Cook for about 30 seconds on each side, or until crisp. Remove. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Toss chicken in oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to same frying pan over high heat. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Remove.
- Arrange lettuce on four serving plates with eggs, bread, prosciutto and chicken. Drizzle over dressing. Garnish with parmesan and cracked black pepper.