2 cups caster sugar
2 Tbsp glucose syrup
½ cup water
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Once sugar has melted, allow to boil until the toffee is amber-coloured. Don’t stir, but brush down the sides of the saucepan with a pastry brush dipped in water, to avoid crystallisation.
- Place baking tray on work surface. To make the nests, dip a spoon into the hot toffee and let it run off until it forms strings then drizzle over the baking tray, back and forth. Quickly and gently roll up into a nest. Repeat with remaining toffee.
- If toffee becomes too thick to work with, gently reheat.