6 eggwhites (from 50g eggs), at room temperature
1 pinch cream of tartar
335 g (1½ cups) caster sugar
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 x 62 g tubs 97%Fat Free Chocolate Mousse
130 g (½ cup) low-fat Greek-style plain yoghurt
3 passionfruit, halved, pulp removed
250 g punnet strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 100°C (fan-forced). Draw a 22cm circle on a sheet of baking paper. Put paper pencil-side down on an oven tray.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk eggwhites and cream of tartar, on medium, until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 Tbsp at a time, whisking well (on medium-high) between each addition. Increase speed to high and whisk for 2 minutes or until thick and glossy and sugar is dissolved.
- Sift cocoa over eggwhite mixture. Add vanilla extract. Using a large metal spoon, fold in until combined and mixture is smooth and shiny. Spoon onto circle on baking paper, using a palette knife to cover circle. Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven. Use a wooden spoon to keep the oven door slightly ajar. Leave in oven for 2 hours to cool.
- Whisk mousse in a bowl until smooth. Add yoghurt and whisk until well combined. Spread over meringue. Top with strawberries and passionfruit. Cut into slices and serve.