200 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
200 g unsalted butter, chopped
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 free-range eggs
¾ cup plain flour
2 Tbsp self-raising flour
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 x 110 g packets white chocolate chips
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edges.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a large, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove bowl. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Add combined sifted flours and cocoa. Whisk until smooth.
- Coarsely chop half the chocolate eggs. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Spread evenly. Arrange remaining whole chocolate eggs evenly over top.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until just firm to touch. Remove from oven. Cool in pan.
- To serve, lift brownie out of pan. Cut into rectangles.