200 g orange candy melts
100 g green candy melts
75 g Copha
24 thin finger biscuits or mini chocolate cream wafers
1½ cups dark chocolate biscuits
- Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Put orange and green candy melts in separate medium heatproof bowls. Add 50g of the Copha to orange melts and remaining copha to green melts. Put bowl with orange mixture over a saucepan of simmering water until melts are smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Dip thin biscuits into melted orange mixture until biscuit is coated three-quarters of the way up. Arrange on prepared trays and set aside for 30 minutes or until firm. Trim off any excess chocolate and re-dip biscuits to same level to create a thicker base. Return to prepared trays and set aside for a further 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, put bowl with green mixture over a saucepan of simmering water until melts are smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Once orange parts of biscuits are set, dip bare end of biscuits into green mixture up to orange parts. Arrange on prepared trays and set aside for 30 minutes or until set firmly.
- Using a toothpick, create decorative vertical lines on the green parts and horizontal lines on the orange parts.
- Put dark chocolate biscuits in a zip-lock bag and, using a rolling pin, crush biscuits until fine crumbs form.
- Divide biscuit crumbs among 6 clear gift bags and add 4 carrots to each bag, then seal and attach gift tags, or serve carrots with crumbs.