Create Bake Make's genius recipe for Easter egg brownies is perfect for chocoholics! Choose your favourite mini eggs and get creative – kids can help, too!
150 g butter
1 cup caster sugar
¾ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup plain flour
100 g medium hollow chocolate Easter eggs, broken into pieces
50 g candy-coated speckled crispy chocolate mini eggs, or other mini Easter egg variety of choice
50 g mini milk chocolate eggs with fondant centre, or other mini Easter egg variety of choice
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and line the base and sides of a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter, sugar and cocoa in a large saucepan (you want it to be big enough to add the extra ingredients to later) and stir over a low heat until the butter has melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add vanilla extract and eggs, whisking the mixture as you go.
- Add flour and whisk to combine.
- Add Easter egg pieces and mini Easter eggs and stir to combine.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Top the brownies with a few mini Easter eggs to decorate, if you wish.
- Place the brownies into the oven for 35 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cooked brownies from the oven and allow them to cool in the tin before removing. Cut into small pieces to serve.