225 g dark or milk chocolate, broken into pieces
100 g unsalted butter, cubed
1 ½ tbsp cocoa powder
1 ½ tbsp golden syrup
100 g rich tea biscuits
50 g mini marshmallows
50 g dried cranberries
200 g chocolate mini eggs
- Line a 20 × 30cm traybake tin with 2 sheets of cling film (in a criss-cross pattern). Put the chocolate and butter in a large bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water, and melt until smooth and glossy.
- Remove from the heat and add the cocoa powder and golden syrup. Mix together until fully combined and leave to cool at room temperature for about 15 mins.
- Put the biscuits in a freezer bag and use a rolling pin to bash them, leaving some pieces chunkier than others. Stir into the cooled chocolate with the marshmallows, cranberries and 150g of the mini eggs.
- Pour the mix into the tin and press down with the back of a spoon until even. Scatter over the remaining mini eggs, pressing them in a little, and leave to set in the fridge for 1 hr.
- Remove from the tin and cut into bars to serve. Will keep for up to 1 week in an airtight container.