Proudly supported by
Everyone loves banana bread and this version from Create Bake Make is super easy. There's plenty of mashing and mixing too so get the kids involved!
1 ⅔ cup self-raising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
⅓ cup caster sugar
⅓ cup brown sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 160C and line a 20cm x 10cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mash the bananas and set aside until needed.
- Place the self-raising flour, cinnamon, caster sugar and brown sugar into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and mashed banana to the bowl with the dry ingredients, and mix together until just combined.
- Pour the banana bread mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 60 minutes or until the banana bread is cooked through (a skewer inserted into the centre should come out clean).
- Allow the banana bread to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.