25 g butter melted
8 large slices white bread
2 tsps vegetable oil
1 onion finely chopped
6 bacon rashers trimmed, chopped
¼ cup grated tasty cheese
¼ bunch fresh parsley chopped to garnish
- Brush four metal oval pie dishes (1-cup capacity) with butter.
- Trim crusts from bread. Discard. Roll bread thinly with a rolling pin.
- Line each prepared pie dish with two bread slices, overlapping slightly. Press down firmly on the join to seal. Brush with butter. Place on an oven tray.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Sprinkle half the bacon mixture into bread cases. Crack 2 eggs into each dish. Sprinkle with remaining bacon mixture. Top with cheese.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until eggs are just set and edges are crisp and golden. Stand in dishes for 2 minutes.
- Transfer pies to serving plates. Serve warm, garnished with parsley.