1 small gluten-free chicken or vegetable stock cube, crumbled
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
450 g packet brown rice
350 g tomato and chargrilled vegetable pasta sauce
180 g tub char-grilled marinated eggplant slices, drained, coarsely chopped
170 g jar marinated artichokes, drained, coarsely chopped
60 g bag baby spinach leaves
grated Parmesan, to serve (optional)
- Dissolve the stock cube in 1 cup of boiling water in a heatproof jug.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in the rice, stir-through sauce and stock. Bring to a boil.
- Add the eggplant and artichokes. Cover with a lid. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in the spinach until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Serve rice with the grated parmesan