4 fresh green bullhorn peppers
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small red onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small eggplant (65g), finely diced
1 tbsp pine nuts
salt, to taste
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp ground cumin
¼ cup raisins
1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
3 sprigs coriander, leaves and stalk chopped
100 g paneer, crumbled
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Wash and dry the chillies. Score each chilli lengthwise. Using a small metal spoon, gently scoop out the seeds and membrane from each of the chillies (see tips).
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small frying pan. Add onion and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes on medium heat until the onion starts caramelising.
- Add eggplant, pine nuts, salt, paprika and cumin. Reduce heat. Sauté for another couple of minutes until eggplant starts crisping up. Remove from heat. Add raisins, quinoa, coriander and paneer. Mix well. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Stuff the mixture evenly in all the chillies. Place chillies snugly in an ovenproof dish or cast iron pan, seam side up. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until chillies are cooked through and the tops start to char. Serve hot.