140g packet Werther’s Original Cream Candies
250g packet Malt ‘O’ Milk biscuits
125g unsalted butter, melted
Whipped cream, to decorate
2 x 250g packets cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tblsps golden syrup
250ml tub sour cream
1⁄4 cup caster sugar
1 tblsp Baileys Irish Cream
- Invert base of a 23cm round springform pan (base measuring 22cm). Grease and line base and side with baking paper.
- Unwrap 100g of the candies. You’ll need 1/3 cup. Reserve remaining candies for decoration. Process candies in a food processor until finely crushed. Add biscuits. Process until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press over base and up side of prepared pan (using a straight-sided glass, press into side). Place on an oven tray. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- To make filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and syrup in a large bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Pour into biscuit case.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until almost set. Filling should still appear wobbly in the centre.
- Meanwhile, make topping. Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour topping over hot cheesecake. Return to same oven. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until set. Remove. Cool. Refrigerate, covered, for several hours, or overnight.
- To serve, remove side of pan. Slide cheesecake onto a serving plate. Finely chop reserved candies. Decorate with cream and chopped candies.
TIP: Werther’s Original Cream Candies are available in the confectionery section of major supermarkets.