- Use disposable piping bags where available, as the material bags can be hard to clean and unhygienic.
- Fold over the top third of the bag to form a cuff, this will prevent overfilling.
- Stand the bag upright in a jug or jar to fill. This will leave you with two hands free to spoon the filling inside.
- Clean the top of the bag, then twist to make it watertight.
- Twist the bag to create pressure to make the food come out. Don’t use too much pressure, as this can cause the bag to rupture and you will lose control of the direction of piping.
- Use your left hand to guide the nozzle and right hand to squeeze the top.
- Always keep the nozzle 2-5cm above the surface being piped onto.
Turn your cakes into real showstoppers with a perfect piped finish. With a little bit of practice they’ll be picture perfect.