2 x 225 g packets ready-made falafel
2 Lebanese bread rounds
250 g packet fresh beetroot, drained, coarsely grated
2 cups shredded carrot
120 g bag baby spinach leaves, washed
1 cup Greek-style natural yoghurt
1 large Lebanese cucumber, coarsely grated
⅓ cup mint leaves, finely chopped
2 Tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
- Place falafel on an oiled oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 8 minutes, or until hot.
- Place bread on a separate oven tray.
- Cook in same moderate oven for about 8 minutes, or until crisp. Cool. Break into large pieces.
- To make tzatziki, combine all ingredients in a large jug.
- Divide falafel, beetroot, carrot and spinach among bowls. Spoon over tzatziki. Serve with the bread.