4 x 150 g skinless white fish fillets, bones removed, chopped
1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs (105g)
250 g dried vermicelli noodles
400 g green beans, trimmed
vegetable oil, for frying
2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 carrot, peeled and shredded
¼ cup fish sauce
¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp water
- Process fish, paste and eggs until smooth. Add breadcrumbs. Pulse until combined. Shape into 16 fish cakes, about ¼ cup each.
- To make salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cook noodles according to packet directions. Boil or microwave beans until tender.
- Heat enough oil to cover the base of a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add fish cakes in two batches. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Serve fish cakes over noodles with beans and salsa.