100 g unsalted butter, chopped
½ cup caster sugar
1½ cup flaked almonds
½ cup finely chopped sultanas
½ cup finely chopped red glace cherries
½ cup finely chopped mixed peel
4 tbsp pure cream
3 tbsp plain flour
2 cups cornflakes
¼ cup honey
½ cup dark baking melts melted
- Grease and line an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add sugar. Stir over a medium heat until well combined. Bring to a boil. Boil, without stirring, for about 1 to 2 minutes or until the edge starts to turn light brown. Remove from heat. Immediately add almonds, sultanas, cherries, peel, cream and flour. Stir until well combined.
- Add corn flakes and ¼ cup honey to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spread into prepared pan. Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool.
- Refrigerate until cold. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Store in the fridge.