200 g dark chocolate, chopped
150 g unsalted butter, chopped
6 eggs, separated
1 cup caster sugar
1¼ cups ground hazelnuts (150 g)
Cocoa powder to decorate
aerosal whipped cream to serve
- Invert base of a 24cm round springform pan (base measuring 22cm). Grease and line base and side with baking paper.
- Place chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove. Cool slightly.
- Beat yolks and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Transfer to a large bowl. Fold in chocolate mixture and hazelnuts until combined.
- Beat egg whites in same clean small bowl of electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture in two batches until combined. Pour into pan.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 1 hour. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with sifted cocoa. Serve with cream.