350 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
125 g unsalted butter, chopped
6 eggs, at room temperature
- Invert base of a 22cm springform pan (base measures 20cm). Grease and line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edge.
- Place chocolate and butter in a large, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove. Cool slightly.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl of an electric mixer on high speed for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until thick and pale. Add to chocolate mixture in three batches, folding until combined. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve cake with double cream, fresh raspberries and strawberries (optional).