75 g butter, chopped, at room temperature
2 tsp fresh lemon thyme leaves
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
4 x 360 g chicken Marylands
8 small chat potatoes (750 g), cut into 2 cm-thick slices
1 large bulb fennel (500 g), trimmed. cut into 3 cm-thick wedges
6 eschalots (300g), peeled
Cooking oil spray
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup white wine
Steamed butter beans, to garnish
Steamed peas, to garnish
Fresh lemon thyme sprigs, to garnish
- Combine butter, thyme, parsley, garlic and rind in a small bowl.
- Loosen the skin on top of the thigh section of chicken to form pockets. Rub about 3 tsps butter mixture underneath the skin of each one.
- Place potatoes, fennel and eschalots in a large oiled roasting pan. Arrange chicken on top. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 35 minutes. Add wine to pan. Cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and potatoes are tender.
- Serve chicken and vegetables with beans and peas. Pour over pan juices. Garnish with thyme.