260 g (1 cup) low-fat Greek-style yoghurt, natural
2 x 50 g eggs
60 g reduced fat, dairy-free sunflower spread
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 carrots, finely grated
120 g (¾ cup) wholemeal self-raising flour
80 g (½ cup) self-raising flour
115 g (½ cup) caster sugar or ½ cup granulated sugar substitute
35 g (¼ cup) oat bran
1 tsp mixed spice
½ tsp ground ginger
125 g light cream cheese
2 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 170C (fan-forced). Spray a 20cm-base round cake pan with cooking spray. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place yoghurt, eggs, spread and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Stir in carrot.
- Place flours, sugar, oat bran, spice and ginger in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Add flour mixture to yoghurt mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon batter into pan and smooth surface. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Set aside in pan for 10 minutes to cool slightly, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using electric beaters, whisk cream cheese and icing sugar in a small bowl.
- Spread frosting over cake to serve.