1⅓ cups self-raising flour
⅓ cup cocoa powder
1 cup caster sugar
125 g unsalted butter, melted
¾ cup milk
Extra cocoa powder, to decorate, optional
50 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
1¼ cups icing sugar mixture
2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
1 tbsp milk
- Grease a 14cm x 24cm large loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a small bowl of an electric mixer. Add sugar, butter, eggs and milk. Beat on low speed for 1 minute, or until combined. Increase speed to medium to high. Beat for a further minute, or until thick and creamy.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack to cool.
- To make frosting, beat all ingredients in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Spread frosting over cold cake. Serve dusted with extra sifted cocoa (optional).