1 litre tub vanilla ice-cream
150 g box Raffaello chocolates, roughly chopped
½ x 1 litre tub berry sorbet
½ x 100 g packet meringue nests, coarsely crushed
Extra chopped Raffaello, to decorate (optional)
- Line a metal pudding steamer (8-cup capacity) crossways, with two long, narrow strips of baking paper extending 5cm above pan edge.
- Place ice-cream in a large bowl. Stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes, or until slightly softened. Stir until smooth. Gently stir in chocolates.
- Place sorbet in a separate large bowl. Stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes, or until slightly softened. Stir until smooth.
- Spoon half the ice-cream mixture into prepared basin. Smooth over top. Sprinkle with half the meringue. Top with sorbet. Smooth over top. Sprinkle with remaining meringue. Spoon over remaining ice-cream mixture. Smooth over top. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for 6 hours, or overnight, until firm.
- To serve, invert bombe onto a serving plate. Remove lining paper. Decorate with extra chocolates.