350 g packet fresh chow mein noodles
350 g broccoli, trimmed, cut into medium florets
¼ cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 Tbsp kecap manis
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
500 g frozen cooked and peeled prawns
1 Tbsp ginger paste
2 medium carrots, peeled, thinly sliced
- Cook noodles according to packet directions. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave the broccoli until tender. Drain.
- Combine soy and chilli sauces, kecap manis and 1/3 cup water in a small jug.
- Heat half the oil in a large wok over a high heat. Add the combined prawns and ginger paste in two batches. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, or until the prawns are just cooked. Remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same hot wok. Add the carrots. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Return prawns to the wok with the noodles, broccoli and sauce mixture. Stir-fry for a further 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Serve