700 g beef sirloin steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
2 tbsp peanut oil
1 bunch choy sum, trimmed
3 cloves garlic, sliced
40 g piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
227 g can water chestnut slices, drained
Thin egg noodles, to serve
2 tsp cornflour
½ cup water
2 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
- To make sauce, blend cornflour with some of the water in a jug. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Toss beef in half the oil in a large bowl. Cut choy sum into five equal lengths.
- Heat a large, non-stick wok over a medium to high heat. Add beef in two batches. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until browned. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to same wok. Add choy sum, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Return beef to wok with chestnuts and sauce. Stir-fry for a further 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce boils and is slightly thickened.
- Serve with noodles.