1 x 85 g packet cherry jelly crystals
300 ml thickened cream
1½ tbsp malted milk powder
100 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
75 g crème fraîche
2 tbsp icing sugar mixture
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
2 small bananas, sliced
80 g peanut brittle, finely chopped
8 small scoops vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Prepare cherry jelly following pack instructions, but add only ½ of the cold water required. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
- Combine ½ of the cream and malted milk powder in a small saucepan, then put over a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, then whisk in dark chocolate. Set sauce aside to cool completely.
- Pour remaining cream, crème fraîche, icing sugar and vanilla in a small bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle. Set aside.
- Turn out set jelly onto a chopping board and dice into fine cubes.
- Spread a thick band of cooled chocolate sauce onto 4 serving plates, then place 4 rounds of banana on top. Pipe whipped cream in drops on plates, then arrange diced jelly and peanut brittle. Finish with 2 scoops of vanilla ice-cream on each plate to serve.