2 x 375 g packets Chantenay carrots, washed, halved lengthways
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
4 zucchini (600 g), halved crossways and then lengthways
Fresh thyme sprigs, to garnish
- Line a large roasting pan with baking paper.
- Combine oil, sugar and honey in a large bowl. Add carrots. Toss to coat well.
- Using tongs, transfer carrots to roasting pan, in a single layer. Reserve honey mixture in bowl.
- Add zucchini to bowl with reserved honey mixture. Toss until lightly coated.
- Cook carrots in a moderate oven (180C) for 20 minutes. Turn carrots. Increase oven to hot (200C). Place zucchini in roasting pan on top of carrots.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes, turning zucchini halfway through, or until vegetables are tender. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Garnish with thyme.