1 large onion, finely chopped
2 tsp ground sage
1 kg chicken mince
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (130 g)
¼ cup tomato sauce
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ x 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
Mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and gravy, to serve
2 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp hot water
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp brown sugar
- Oil a 14cm x 24cm large loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edges.
- Heat an oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and sage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool. Add mince, breadcrumbs, sauce, mustard and egg. Mix well. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Push tomatoes, cut side up, over top of mince.
- To make glaze, combine ingredients in a small jug. Pour over tomato-topped mince.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 1 hour, covering with foil if over-browning. Remove from oven. Stand in pan for 10 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and gravy.