¾ cup gluten-free plain flour
¼ cup rice flour
½ cup almond meal
½ cup pure icing sugar
125 g unsalted butter, chopped
1 tsp vanilla essence
Gluten-free cake sprinkles, to decorate
1 cup pure icing sugar
1- 2 tbsp cold water
- Process flours, almond meal, sugar, butter and vanilla essence in a food processor until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Transfer dough to a sheet of baking paper. Shape into a 20cm log (4cm diameter). Roll up firmly in baking paper. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Trim ends from log. Cut log into 1cm-thick rounds. Place 4cm apart on two large oven trays lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 15 minutes, or until light golden. Cool on trays.
- To make icing, sift sugar into a medium bowl. Stir in enough water until spreadable.
- Using a teaspoon, drizzle icing over one biscuit then decorate with sprinkles. Place on a wire rack until set. Repeat with remaining biscuits.