1 red capsicum
2 small chicken breast fillets, skinless
1 corn cob, in husk
Cooking oil spray, to grease
500 ml chicken stock
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 brown onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp dried Italian herbs
2 bay leaves
150 ml thickened cream
Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
2 bunches English spinach leaves, washed, leaves torn
500 g packet potato gnocchi
⅓ cup shaved Parmesan to serve
- 1Preheat barbecue grill plate over a high heat. Put capsicum directly onto hot grill and cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until well-blackened. Transfer to a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap, then set aside to cool completely. Once cool, remove skin and seeds. Roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, spray chicken and corn with cooking oil and grill, turning often, for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and corn is tender. Set aside to cool slightly. Shred cooled chicken and cut corn kernels off cob, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, put stock in a small saucepan over a high heat and bring to the boil Reduce heat to medium and simmer until reduced by half.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion, garlic, dried Italian herbs and bay leaves and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Pour in cream and hot stock. Bring to a simmer, then remove bay leaves. Stir in capsicum, then transfer to a blender. Carefully blend until smooth, then season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in chicken, corn and spinach leaves. Set aside.
- Cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until they float on the surface for at least 30 seconds. Drain well, return to pan and add capsicum sauce. Toss well to coat. Lightly garnish with shaved parmesan and serve.