4 egg whites (see Tip)
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp cornflour
1 tsp white vinegar
300 ml thickened cream
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 golden kiwifruit, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
1 mango, peeled, thinly sliced
- Grease an oven tray. Trace an 18-diameter circle onto a sheet of baking paper. Turn paper over and place on prepared tray.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. With motor running, add sugar 1 tbsp at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down side of bowl using a rubber spatula. Beat for about 5 minutes, or until mixture is smooth and glossy. Beat in cornflour and vinegar. Spoon meringue into circle on prepared tray. Spread to edge.
- Cook in a very slow oven (120C) for about 1 hour, or until dry and crisp. Turn oven off and cool meringue in oven with door ajar.
- Beat cream and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until firm peaks form.
- Place pavlova on a serving plate. Spread over cream. Top with kiwifruit and mango slices. Drizzle with passionfruit pulp before serving.